White Hash Sets
Release Date: 29 April 2022
Source: Whitehat Computer Forensics, LLC
Format: Encase, Forensic ToolKit (FTK), SleuthKit, X-Ways, Raw hash values (MD5/SHA1/SHA256).
Content Description: All Known-Good/Non-Threatening hash values in one file.
Content Use: File elimination and validation.
Current Release Hash Values: 47,030,337
This release on 29 April 2022 has unique and new: 1,706,139
Previous ‘Rolling Hash Set’ release (1 February 2022): 1,157,875
Previous Full Release Total (22 November 2021): 44,166,323
Grand Total = 47,030,337
Duplicate Hash Values Removed From Hash Sets: Yes
NSRL Known: Yes (separate hash sets)
NSRL Unknown: Yes (separate hash sets)
Important: We have 41,206,900 hash values which are not yet known by the US Government’s NSRL ‘Modern’ Dataset (Version 2.76 released March 2022).
The attached zip file(s) represents one VERY large and single file containing all file hash values we have gathered since 2003 which are known to be safe, trusted, known-good and non-threatening. More specifically, from the following grouped hash sets found within this website:
– All operating system versions (595) (Details Here)
– All software and web applications
– All hardware drivers
– All MS Windows and Mac app store software
– All simulated “Gold Disks” containing MS Windows and MacOS operating systems with common software installations (office suites, Internet browsers, etc).
– Duplicate hash values were also removed intentionally from each grouped hash set for purposes of expediting computer forensic examinations, computer security and/or computer file analysis.
These hash values can be utilized to assist in the elimination of non-threatening files during computer forensic and computer security examinations (Computer Compromises, Network Intrusions, eDiscovery, Malware Analysis, etc).
Please note: We have removed all previously gathered US Government (publicly accessible) website artifacts including image files, multimedia files, office documents, etc, and placed them on our website as an ‘optional’ download feature.